4.10.2006


MY RETURN TO MOTION

So for my first post in quite some time (excluding the response to a tagging I received) I have chosen to blog about my recent return to an active lifestyle.

I graduated in May of last year and along with my exit from Manhattan, KS came an exit from an life riddled with intramural sports and the occasional pick up basketball game. In place of this I found a sedentary lifestyle to be a comfortable alternative. This is however until I realized that this lifestyle was having negative effects on my figure. I have noticed a few changes, all additions, to the ol' body. I had decided that this is unacceptable about 6 months ago, joined a gym and began working out...for about 1 hour. I had the greatest intentions for myself.
The plan was to work out about 3 time a week and start eating healthier. I even said to myself that I would work out in the morning before work. This is where I should have know that this plan was bound to derail before it even developed. Despite the absurdity of my intentions I gave it a go. 6.30am the next morning, the alarm begins the ring. My hand swings through the air with astonishing accuracy and velocity to strike the snooze button without even so much as grazing the other buttons.

This repeats many times bringing me to today, 6 months and about 8 trips the gym later. I am now however, on my second consecutive day of activity. Last night I played 5 on 5 full court basketball. The work out was tuff, in fact I felt as if my lungs had collapsed about 4 minutes into the first game of three. By the end I felt inches from death.
Tonight I played volleyball in a local architecture league. We lost to HOK, a solid team with two stand out players that can spike the holy hell out the ball.



So as the second day of my glorious return to activity comes to an end...I am sore as hell!

1 comment:

PostScorch! said...

I bet being DOMINATED in volleyball and basketball is good exercise for you.

Prepared to be dunked on.