4.02.2007

My weekend

To say that this weekend left my body sore and abused is an understatement. Let me recap for you.
Friday
A typical Friday night for me. Drinking with buddies, finally falling asleep at around 2am.

Saturday
Dustin ended up crashing at my house on Friday night as to avoid a DUI on his drive back downtown to his place. So, Saturday morning I decided to put his presence to good use. For those of you who have been to my house or more specifically, those whom have been in my backyard, you have seen that large decrepit brick bbq. Well, I have recently decided to tear up our back brick patio and relay the bricks so they are level and nice looking again. Along with this I decided to tear down the brick bbq and turn it into a table element with a fire pit in it. In order to tear this down we equipped ourselves with a sledge hammer and eye protection as to avoid eye irritants and went to work. Here are some images that begin to tell the story.
Sunday
I let my wife talk me into running the Brew to Brew road race. This is a relay race that starts at the Boulevard Brewery and ends at the Free State Brewery in lawrence. My leg was the 6th of 10 and was 3.4 miles straight up hill into about a 30 mph wind. Ok, ok the first 2.5 miles where straight up hill and the wind was only blowing about 20 mph. It was tough, but a great sense accomplishment was felt when I finished. I finished my leg in 34 minutes and I am proud of that especially because I have only ran about 4 times in the past year and the longest of those was only 2 miles. Anyway, I may continue this running thing...but probably not.

1 comment:

tessarh said...

I love the pics of your house. Post more when you are finished. :)